Proactive Steps to Avoid Post-Frac Souring
Before The Frac
- Test source water for active microbes and souring microbes
- Design the optimal biocide program
During The Frac
- Confirm microbe levels prior to pumping and adjust biocide program
- Test microbe levels during frac to confirm biocide program is working
After The Frac
- Test flowback for active microbes and souring microbes
- Monitor production fluid for active microbes and souring microbes
- Use findings to further optimize future fracs
For more information on the Biocide Selection procedure for Frac, read Virginia Wornstaff’s article ‘How to Kill in in Completions.’
OSP works with the global oil and gas community to create solutions for the effects of water and its use. From consulting services, to on-site and in lab microbial testing services, to chemical supply, OSP is focused on water treatment solutions. Our commitment to quality is evident in the technical support and customer service we provide. From identified problem to solution, OSP is committed to targeting, testing and treating water related issues.
An area of focus for OSP is microbial identification, evaluation and control via technology and services to ensure our clients are protecting their assets with the best information and specialty chemical products available. Another area of focus for OSP is scale inhibition, supporting our clients with chemistries and finished formulations that effectively target scale issues.