Protect Against and Control Microbial Growth
Request More Information
2K7 Solution | 2K7 Solution W-M
2K7 Solution and 2K7 Solution W-M (low temperature formulation) are 10% active end use 2-Bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol (BNPD) formulations used to control microbial contamination. They are non-ionic, balanced, broad-spectrum biocides.
|2K7 Solution||2K7 Solution W-M|
|Appearance||Clear, colorless to yellow liquid|
|Density||1.05 g/mL (8.76 lbs/Gal)||0.97 g/mL (8.10 lbs/Gal)|
2K7 Solution Overview
Effective in high volume applications where liquid handling equipment allows for plug and play.
- Pre Treat Tanks
- Post Oxidizer Treatment
- On-the-Fly at Blender or Chem Add
- Topping up Buffer/Working Tanks
- Fluid Transfer Control (Trucking, Pipeline, Lay Flat Hosing)
- Fluid Staging – Tanks or Pits (Long Term Control)
- Asset Layup or Cleaning
2K7 Solution (W-M) Features and Benefits
- Broad spectrum, non-selective antimicrobial chemistry
- Non-ionic, highly compatible with other industrial chemicals
- Balanced efficacy (good balance between speed and length of protection)
2K7 Solution (W-M) Recommended Uses
- Metered addition for treating high water volumes
- 2K7 Solution and 2K7 Solution W-M are registered biocides, please refer to product label for approved directions for use
- 2K7 Solution is available in pails, drums, and totes in North America, and bulk in the USA.
- 2K7 Solution W-M is available in drums and totes in North America.
2K7 BIOCIDE REDUCES TREATMENT COSTS IN LARGE VOLUME PAD STIMULATION
An operator planning a large-scale hydraulic stimulation of a 7-well pad in the Montney formation was looking to determine the optimal solution for microbial control in their treatment fluid. They wanted to mitigate microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) and well souring, commonly caused by sulfate-reducing and acid-producing bacteria (SRB and APB).