Protect and Control Microbial Growth
2K7 Solution is a responsive, long term control biocide; the main mode of action
is inhibition of thiol-containing enzymes causing cell leakage and eventual collapse.
2K7 has a high level of activity against all groups of bacteria including sulfate
reducing bacteria (SRB). The efficacy of 2K7 is easily measured using ATP testing
methods. Resistance or high level tolerance has not been observed with 2K7 even
in facilities that have used the product for over 15 years.
Appearance: Clear to yellowish, solution
pH: 4-7 1% sol. @ 20°C / 68°F
Solubility in Water: Completely miscible in water
Decomposition Temp: 140°C / 284°F
Packaging: Pails, drums and totes
*2K7 Solution is not winterized, making it more cost effective for applications where freezing is not an issue. For a winterized solution, 2K7 Solution W-M is available with a freeze point of -40°C / -40°F.
2K7 Solution Features and Benefits
- Responsive and persistent long-term control
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial
- Non-ionic, compatible with most other chemistries, synergistic inhibition with select biocides
- Stable in solid form and in solutions with pH 4 up to 3+ years @ temperatures below 40°C / 104°F
- Effective in heavy brines and high iron
- Effective with high suspended solids
2K7 Solution Recommended Uses
- Oil/gas – wells, tanks, pipelines
- Coiled Tubing, work-over fracturing and packer fluids
- Water treatment, storage and recycle/reuse
- Recirculating cooling towers
- Metal working and pulp mill operators
- Heat exchangers, cooling towers, condensers and air washers
- Pasteurizer cooling water systems
- Product preservations, latex emulsions, polymer latices and adhesives
- Water flooding, injection waters and enhanced oil recovery (EOR) fluids
- Drilling fluids / muds, work-over, completion, well squeezes and fracturing fluids
- See label for all registered applications for Canada and USA
2K7 BIOCIDE REDUCES TREATMENT COSTS IN LARGE VOLUME PAD STIMULATION
An operator planning a large-scale hydraulic stimulation of a 7-well pad in the Montney formation was looking to determine the optimal solution for microbial control in their treatment fluid. They wanted to mitigate microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC) and well souring, commonly caused by sulfate-reducing and acid-producing bacteria (SRB and APB).
Frequently Asked Questions
Very unlikely. While it has been proposed that microbes can develop resistances to organic biocides, this has not been seen with 2K7 applications nor is it likely based on application methods used within our industry.
Yes. 2K7 is non-ionic and therefore very compatible with most system components within the oil and gas industry.
The usage of 2K7 biocide prevents bacterial contamination and growth, controlling issues that arise from their presence, including microbiologically influenced corrosion (MIC). 2K7 reduces the risk of failures, improves run time on pipe, prevents contamination of downhole equipment and controls formation damage.